Monday, July 26, 2010

Oreo Cream Cheese Truffles

Last week was my Birthday week and I decided to make one of my favorite desserts... Oreo Cream Cheese Truffles. They are very rich and to die for! The recipe is as follows...


Tools Needed:
The usual (measuring utensils, mixing bowls etc.)
Double boiler, crock pot or microwave
Foil or wax paper
Baking sheet
Chocolate dipper tools

Ingredients:
1 package of Oreos (I used regular but I imagine double stuffed or mint would be very good)
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese
2 8 ounce packages semi-sweet baking chocolate

Melt packages of semi-sweet baking chocolate. I used a crock pot to melt the chocolate but that is only because I HATE double boilers and never fail to burn myself while using them. The downside to using a crock pot is that the truffles will not look as pretty. There are several ways to melt chocolate, I suggest reading this how to article and decide which method will work best for you.

Crush 36 Oreos into fine crumbs using a food processor (Oreos can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin). If you would like to top your truffles off with Oreo crumbs then crush 9 of them to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. Place crushed Oreos in a medium bowl. Add softened cream cheese and mix until well blended. 

Roll cookie mixture into 25 to 50 balls (depending on how big you want your truffles). Place balls on a baking sheet lined with foil or wax paper and put in the freezer for 10 to 20 min.

Using chocolate dipper tools dip balls in melted chocolate and place back on the wax or foiled baking sheet. If you do not have chocolate dipper tools a fork or small slotted spoon will also work. Sprinkle your truffles with reserved cookie crumbs.

Place your truffles in the freezer until firm, about 30 min. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator or freezer. Enjoy!



As always this baking blog was edited for deliciousness by The Lady in Red.

5 comments:

  1. Seriously, where were these when I visited? Lol! They look delicious... and I really like your blog! Do you take requests?? Oh and this is JGlav, since you probably know 7652334298 Jessicas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet... Did you make them!?

    Jessica... lol well ummm they were in the freezer :( I should have given you one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I haven't. I should one of these days. I've had a version that was dipped into white chocolate. Mmm....

    Thanks for the comment on the bread!

    ReplyDelete