Friday, September 3, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

At last weeks Summer Thanksgiving party my friend Jglav brought some store bought peanut butter cookies that were fantastic!! I wanted to see if I could make something similar. I use a Classic Peanut Butter Cookie recipe from allrecipes.com... with a few changes.

Tools Needed:
The usual
Mixer
Fork
Pan
Pam cooking spray

Ingredients:

1 Cup salted butter 
1 Cup creamy peanut butter
1 Cup white sugar
1 Cup packed brown sugar
2 Eggs
2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 Teaspoons baking soda
1/3 Cup Reese's Peanut butter Chips
1/3 Cup Reese's Pieces




Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs.


In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour. Split batter in to two separate bowls. Add Reese's peanut butter chips to one bowl and Reese's Pieces to the other. 


Spray your pan with cooking spray. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Do not over-bake!!


These were very good cookies. I personally felt that the less time I cooked them... the better they were. Pull the cookies out around 8 min and let them sit on the pan and cook further by themselves. Enjoy!

Did you add the Reese's Pieces or Reese's Peanut Butter Chips to your cookies? What other things do you add to peanut butter cookies?

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! I'm glad I could be an inspiration! Lol but I love peanut butter cookies any way they're made!

    ReplyDelete