Thursday, October 7, 2010

New York!

So I think my blog is going to start heading in a new direction! As much as I love to bake... I LOVE FOOD MORE! If eating constantly didn't make me fat, I would... no joke. 


In saying that let me kind of layout how the rest of my posts are more or less going to go. From this point forward blog post subjects will be... 
  • Baking, Eating, Sharing
  • Cooking, Eating, Sharing
  • Eating and Sharing (by "Eating" I mean anything I eat that I deem to be good enough to write a blog about... I will write a blog about)
Alright! So last weekend I went to New York with my friend Jglav to visit my friend Kat. Kat is an assistant stylist to the style editor of the Today Show (cool job huh!?) and writes an awesome fashion blog at StellarPutTogethers.wordpress.com. Kat let Jglav and I stay at her place in Jersey City and spent the entire weekend showing us around. I took pictures of EVERY SINGLE THING I ate in New York!



Jglav and I arrived late Friday night and Kat immediately took us to Time square. Of course I got a street vendor hot dog! In my opinion it is not a trip to New York if you don't!
My dog came with everything (except for relish... I'm not a sweet pickle fan). 

The next morning we all walked from Kat's apartment to a local bagel shop call Wonder Bagels. I was blown away by the oj choices... no pulp, some pulp, apple and even orange peach mango! YUM!

Best bagels I have ever eaten... no joke!! I got the everything bagel with plain cream cheese and Kat got an everything bagel with egg whites, cheese and tomatoes. 

This is me... in bagel heaven. 

We could not resist some Dunkin Donuts! I had an iced coffee and the pumpkin harvest donut. Jglav had the sugar donut. 

After several hours of shopping and touring we took a rest for some Pinkberry ! I had chocolate yogurt with bananas, strawberries, mini chocolate chips and almond slivers. 

Starbucks iced coffee and shoes... need I say more?

Mmmmm... take home pad thai, pad co, hummus and carrots! I was too tired to pay attention to the name of the local joint we ordered this from.

A long Saturday night of bar hopping and dancing ended with this fabulous pepperoni, canadian bacon and pineapple pizza slice from Famous Original Ray's Pizza. 

Another Wonder Bagel breakfast... this time I had an everything bagel with egg whites, cheese, tomatoes and avocado (we added the avocado ourselves). 

Did you know that coconut water is a great hang over cure?! Everyone drinks it in New York and it worked for me... read about its effects here!

Yep... why just try one donut when you can sample a variety!

After another long day touring we stopped at a sushi joint called Sushiya. Kat and I split the grilled salmon roll. It had grilled salmon, avocado, MANGO and red pepper. Fabulous! 

Street vendor crepe of strawberries, bananas and (of course) Nutella!

More Starbucks iced coffee... obviously sleep was not a high priority on this trip. 

And on the last day we had Wonder Bagels again (at this point we were addicted). I ventured out and got green chive cream cheese (as if an everything bagel didn't make my breath bad enough!).

Over all I had an absolutely wonderful time... we did so much shopping (H&M, Urban Outfitters, Top Shop) and I got to see my favorite painting, Starry Night, at MOMA.  I cannot wait to return... possibly this summer! A BIG THANKS goes out to Kat for being a wonderful hostess! Love ya twin!

No comments:

Post a Comment